Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sundried Tomato Meatloaf


Meatloaf.  Yawn, right?  Not this meatloaf! This is my all-time, absolute favorite version of meatloaf!  Here's a little back story on how I got this recipe.
A few years ago a friend asked me if I'd like to go with her to one of those fix yourself some multiple entree's, pack 'em up and take 'em home  and cook 'em  kind of places.  I went.  It was fun.  It was good. But expensive.  One of the dishes I made was this meatloaf.   After serving that dish, I was in love with meatloaf!  
Ok I'll try to cut to the chase.  I got a notice from this place that they were closing and had some of their dishes for sale.  I called them to see if one of those were these meatloaves.  I was in luck!  They did have some, but it seems that it was one of the more popular dishes so I rushed right down.  I bought three.  I think I left one there.  (remember, I said they were expensive )    So, in an act of bravery, I asked.  "Ya know, since you guys are closing, would you consider selling that recipe"?   They said they could give away one recipe!  WooHoo!!!   I was now the proud owner of the recipe!  I made it this week and thought of you all.  
So, I want to share  (cuz that's how I roll)
Without further delay, here's the recipe!  Do try it and let me know what you think!


You're going to need:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella
3/4 cup basil
3/4 cup onions, chopped
1 scoop ketchup (I figure that was about 1/4 cup)
1 tsp garlic
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients, form into loaf  and into pan.  Then into a 350 degrees oven for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails