Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ham and Swiss Grits Pie


Remember a couple days ago I promised to show you what to do with those "Gussied-Up Grits" ?
Well, today is the day!  If you like grits you're going to love this.  You might even get a standing ovation, like I got when I served it to hubby.   (I'm just sayin'....)

Ok, after you've made your Gussied-Up Grits, let them stand for 10 minutes and then lightly beat 2 eggs and stir into the grits.   Pour into a greased 10 inch deep pie plate.   Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and remove.


Now you're going to need:
1/2 lb diced cooked ham (actually for this meal, I had some thicker sliced deli ham in the 'frige, and that's what I used)
4 green onions
1/2 cup milk
6 eggs
1 cup swiss cheese


Saute ham and 4 chopped green onions until the onions are tender.  Layer the ham mixture evenly over the grits "crust".
Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees

Whisk together milk and the 6 eggs; pour over ham mixture.  Sprinkle  swiss cheese evenly over the egg mixture.

Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes or so before serving.   This heats up really well the next day too!


I haven't tried it yet, but I would like to see if it freezes well.  If it does work out, this would be great to have in the freezer for holiday time!  There just has never been any left-overs!  






I'm linking up to ...
http://womenlivingwell.org/2011/10/the-ultimate-blog-bash-2011

1 comment:

  1. Tbat sounds fabulous. I'll have to use this to convermy my husband and father in law into eating savofry grits. It took me awhile to believe they eat them just like oatmeal

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails