Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 2 of the Back2Blogging Challenge

Today's assignment in the Back2Blogging Challenge is to Re-upload a past post I wish more people had read and explain why it was important to me.

This is a post I did as a tribute to my cousin, Trenda. She died on my birthday this past year. It was sudden and so unexpected. Her birthday is one month from mine. She went in to the hospital on her birthday in February, learned she had adenocarcinoma of the lung and passed away one month later.

I didn't pick this post to depress anyone, but I come from a large and close family. All my cousins and I grew up around each other. I'm a part of the older, or "first string" cousins. Trenda is also a "first string" cousin, but quite a bit younger than I. I guess the reason I wish more people had read it,was I just wanted to share with the world what a sweet life I had the privilege to know and wanted others to know also...






Trenda (Jones) Gude


When I first started my blog, it was my intent to have a haven. To escape the "seriousness" of life, to enjoy company of fellow "sisters", with a light hearted approach. But, loss makes you ever-so aware that life is not all laughs doesn't it?

Yesterday was my birthday. It was my intention to make it all about me, (being the princess that I am) and I was in the process of doing just that. Until... I got a call at about 3:35.

Trenda had just been diagnosed with lung cancer which was also in the lymph glands. She had never even touched a cigarette in her life and up until a couple of months ago had been the healthiest person I knew.



A fond memory I have of Trenda was when Paul and I were dating. Trenda would come over and sit between Paul and I on my mom's front porch swing. I couldn't get this kid to leave! I'd tell her I thought I heard her mom calling. "I don't hear her", she was quick to say. Then in another desparate attempt I'd tell her that I thought her mom wanted her to come home for supper. "Oh, she doesn't care", she'd say. I knew it was a losing battle, so there she sat, between my boyfriend and I!

Once, after I graudated high school, my best friend, Melanie and I thought we were all-grown-up and got an apartment in Tampa. I would stop by my mom's on my way home from work every evening (hey, what can I say, all my money was going for apartment rent! LOL). Trenda would come over, and one day she was crying and said "I miss you". I've never forgotten that. This little kid, with the tender heart, loved me.



As we got older we would tease each other, calling each other two different aunt's names. One particularly "bad perm" she got prompted me to call her a certain person's name, and she, in turn called me someone else in the family - and I won't say their names because they're still living...and innocent (smile). So began and continued our aliases...



I'd like to share what the last entry of Trenda's was on her facebook with you:

"Here comes Jesus, right on time! He is always faithful...has He ever failed you?

He sure hasn't failed me and He won't start now.

Praise His Name!"

A blood clot to the heart and in a split second she was in the arms of Jesus and had received her ultimate healing.

(Trenda on the left)



So, with tears in my eyes it's my turn to say, Trenda "I miss you".




Trenda in the forefront, and her father, my uncle, Eddie Jones who passed away August 2009. Both are enjoying Jesus now.




This is part of the Back2Blogging Challenge here:

13 comments:

  1. I appreciate how hard it must have been to write this, especially since she went to heaven on your birthday. She sounds like she was such an amazing person. Thank you for re-posting this and sharing these memories.

    Blessings and best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a moving tribute - thanks for sharing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful woman she was. She seemed so very close to you and while the thought of her passing from this life to the next - especially on your b-day must be extremely difficult. She gave you a fabulous gift that day - she is now a part of that "great cloud of witnesses". I believe that each one of them there with her is cheering you on and letting you know that you can finish the race. Won't it be wonderful there? Having no burdens to bear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful memorial to a beautiful lady. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful sentiments you all have posted! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jeanette, I am so sorry for your loss. This was very, very sad : ) It always hurts to lose people we love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful tribute!! Thanks for sharing Trenda's smile with us.:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tribute!!

    I love her last post ... and may I say envy??

    Love you!!! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trenda is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have chosen you for an award here: http://goodmorninbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing Trenda with us. You're right, loss or the hard stuff does make us appreciate the wonderful bits & pieces so much more. So glad I hopped by here today! :>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeanette, I remember this post...I think it was one of the first posts I read on your blog and remembered thinking what a beautiful person you were and how much you loved your cousin. That is still evident today. And one sweet day, when the Lord is ready, you will get to see her again and call her by her "alias"! Until then, I'm glad that you have your memories of her beautiful life!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails