Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY

I'm declaring March "Chicken Month" LOL. For the rest of March I'll be sharing chicken recipes/ideas - all freezer friendly. So if you'd like to share your favorite chicken dish, please do! Especially if it's a freezer-friendly dish, or with tips on making it in bulk or making ahead. Please play along and link up your post.
* Please link back to this so we can all come and see! *


Here's one I haven't made in a long time, and I don't know why because it's what I call "stupid-easy" LOL!

Sweet & Spicy Chicken

1 packet of Taco seasoning mix

1 (8 oz) jar apricot jam

1 (12 oz) jar of Salsa

2 cups cooked chicken- cut into chunks

Combine the first three ingredients. Mix with chicken. Toss it all in a ziplock type freezer bag and freeze. Since the chicken is done, there's just a re-heating step to do when you're ready to feed the family. I serve this over rice - I prefer the yellow rice but the choice is yours.

NOTE: You can also use bite-size pieces of beef or pork, but this is "chicken month" LOL.

What you say? You want another? Well then....

Chicken Smothered in Onions

4 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves (approximately 1 1/4 lbs)

2 medium onions, cut into wedges

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Garlic Mushroom Soup Mix

1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar

3 Tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

1 Tablespoon water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9 x 13 aking pan, arrange chicken and onions. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

(This one I cook and cool before freezing) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and the onions are tender.

Ok, then, YOUR TURN... remember, if you want to play along, first link back to this blog. You can take the button to the right and put on your blog if you like, and then leave you link in McLinky to your blog post.





4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that Sweet & Spicy Chicken sounds amazing. I'm really going to have to try it out!

    I may post one of my favorite chicken recipes tomorrow. It depends on if I can find the recipe or not (hopefully saved somewhere on top of the fridge where all my recipes end up). Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse Friday Follow to say HI! Come by and say Hi!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com
    Love your blog! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little blog you have! Your chicken recipes sound delicious and I'd love to give them a try sometimes...especially the one with onions! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please come again!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails