Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Never ending quest for the great Fried Dill Pickle

Have your ever had fried dill pickles? I love them!!! There used to be a BBQ place in town that had some of the best fried dill pickles and every year when my church had revival, it was my tradition on the last night of revival to go there and just get a basket of those fried dill pickles. I've introduced many a new pickle convert to them! Then they closed. Sigh.
But on one of my hubby's business trips he landed in Memphis and went to Corky's. I didn't go to the Memphis Corky's, but there was one in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Which, I might add, is my fave vacation spot! Gimme a cabin on a mountain, and let me at those shopping outlets! LOL. Anyway Corky's has the best, hands-down, fried dill pickles!!! If you're ever there...Memphis, Pigeon Forge...(I don't care, wherever!) You've got to try them.

Now, you've probably noticed in the picture above, these are from Zaxby's. I saw a commercial that "for a limited time", they had fried dill pickles. Oh my goodness!!!! I had to try them, so tonight I did. I was so disappointed. I couldn't taste any "pickle" taste at all, and they were quite salty. I thought I had finally gotten lucky and there was something worth sabotaging my diet for.... LOL Nah. My diet is safe still.

Have you ever had fried dill pickles? Did you like them?

12 comments:

  1. I've not had them before but they sound awesome! Too bad the ones at Zaxbys didn't work out (or maybe not?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried them but they sure sound good. In fact, after reading this post I broke open a jar of homemade dill pickles that were canned in August. Yummy! I will be on the look out for fried pickles, they sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound awesome! Actually, I'd just be happy if I could find a good sour dill pickle here. Even the ones marked "sour" taste like sweet pickles! It's some sort of conspiracy I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITS. I've never had a fried dill pickle and honestly, before reading this never was really interested. Now, you have me wanting to try one! ha ha ha.

    I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday!
    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fried dill pickles!! Oh yes...But i'm picky...they have to be firm not soggy and have a light cripy crust and of course not greasy tasting. I too have been disappointed many times! I'm on the look out for a Corky's but I fear there is not one near me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried fried dill pickles but I've seen them on the menu at several restaurants. You've got me interested enough to try them the next time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooooove fried dill pickles. I'm picky as well--just like Cora, I like them firm, light, and crispy. Unfortunately, there aren't too many places that have them here in Minnesota. I get them once a year at the state fair, if we go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy friend dill pickles,but I haven't had them in quite some time. I also really love fried green tomatoes. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive never tried them. its so funny how different the eating is around the country, ive never heard of any of the places you mentioned.

    btw, i FINALLY posted about hope today... just stretching out the love... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I wonder if the BBQ place near my job has these! They sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was lucky enough to try them at Applebee's in WV on our last road trip to the US. My daughter loves pickles and when we saw this on the menu we just had to try them.I'd never even heard of them before that. We both loved them right away and stopped at more Applebees during our trip just for that reason. Unfortunately where I live in Northern Canada there aren't any but I did find this one restaurant where I live that offers them but they aren't round they're the long ones. I think I actually like the ones up here better but I'm definately a fan of deep fried pickles and every trip to the US will now include a stop at Applebees as well as Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dill pickles but I've never tried them nor heard of them fried before. I'll have to watch for them - sounds like something I'd love!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails