Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Freezer Food Friday, but this isn't really a recipe, but a neat tool!  I had this bookmarked about 3 or 4 years ago and just came across it again, and what do ya know, it's still there! LOL  I thought I'd share this in case you're one of us who made a resolution to waste less in 2010.  For those of us wanting to (not waste) clean out the cupboard and/or frige but just can't think of what to do.   Just click on the items you have on hand, and it finds recipes using those ingredients.  Granted, you might have to go out and get a few more ingredients to finish the dish, but it finds recipes containing the ingredients you've listed. 
Give it a try and play around with it.   See what new dish you create at Cooking By Numbers



7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tool.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sweet Jeanette,
    I just took a little trip over to "Cooking by Numbers"....What a great site! Such a clever idea. I punched in some ingredients and came up with several recipe ideas...Ingenious! I foresee using this site quite a bit since I often find myself wondering what to make for dinner:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful Friday and an awesome weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty cool! I don't have much in the house to make besides scrambled eggs though, haha...so I guess I have to go to the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Follow Me Friday, your blog is uber cute and thanks for the link. I will defiantly check it out :) Following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking by numbers. Nifty. I'll have to write a list then try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cool site! Thanks for sharing.

    And thanks for stopping by on my SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to let you know that I have a BIG give-a-way starting on Sunday and it will be really fun. I am calling it SPREADING THE LOVE--cuz I love my FOLLOWERS. There are lots of gifts, from really cool vendors. Each week there will be SEVERAL winners--that is right it will be going on all month long. So you can come back each week and leave me a comment, to put your name in.

    You don't have to have a blog--you can e-mail me to enter your name.

    Followers get their name in once and if you have my button on your side bar your name will go in 5 more times.

    If you can double check your READER to see if you are getting my posts I would really appreciate it--for some reason Google has picked on me since the start of my blog and I always end up having them not post every few weeks.

    XO
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails